Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sparkle Cut-Out Cookies


These cream cheese cookies were a tradition in my house growing up. Every Christmas we would enjoy making and decorating these as a family. My parents would help us cut them out. The kids would each decorate together carefully picking out the red and white jimmies for candy canes, decorating snowmen etc. Now I enjoy it with my own kids. I have to say though- they have yet to master the art of decorating like my brothers and I did. :-)
 
Sparkle Cut-Out Cookies

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese

1 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cup flour

Colored sugars and decorations

  1. Combine softened cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla – mixing until well blended.
  2. Add flour and mix well.
  3. Chill in refrigerator.

  1. on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/8 inch thick.
  2. Cut with cookie cutters in desired shapes.

  1. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  2. Decorate

  1. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment