Thursday, August 9, 2012

Be the Mom - overcome attitude traps and enjoy your kids - A Tyndale Publishers Review

I recently had the privilege to review Be the Mom - by Tracey Lanter Eyster. This was a really nice read, full of encouragement and pages of - oh she is just like me. Not always in a good way but an honest way. To be able to be real with being a mom.

Be the Mom describes seven "mom traps" that moms often fall into and gives advice on how to avoid them.

When Tracey writes about flying off the handle at kids who you ask to do a chore and go back and find them no where near finished, but you have a zillion things to be done, so you yell.... !!!! ... she then convicts us with statements like ... "That didn't go well, did it? What did you just teach them to do when someone doesn't live up to their expectations? Rant like a lunatic and vent your frustrations on someone smaller than you."

Now this is not rocket science here. We all know it is true. But reading it, knowing we are not alone and just seeing it in print, the next time I am doing this - it makes my spirit stop and think... uh oh... stop. You are doing it again. And hopefully before I do it the next time I can avoid it!

The style the author writes is very light read but feels like I am just sitting in the room talking to my friends. She has a comfortable writing feel that makes this book not feel over my head but something I want to read.

I think this book would be a great gift for a mother of kids from babies to teens. I highly recommend snagging one if you are a mom who needs to redirect her focus and realize you are never "Just a Mom" but that being a mother is as we all know - a very very very important role!

Tracey is also the editor of MomLifeToday.com where you can go and get a lot of connection with other moms. Also find Be the Mom on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/BeTheMom


I was given this book free for review from Tyndale house Publishers and was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment