Monday, September 5, 2011

Time in the Valley

Today I am writing my blog post because my heart is just overwhelmed with the kindness of my friends and family and I just want to state how blessed I am. My life has always been a series of ups and downs. Everyone's is. Growing up God ALWAYS provided for my family through every season. And I grew up with the life lessons that we worked hard - always tried to help others and God always provided for our needs. Simple lessons. Easy.

I remember one time when our family had the chore of burning papers in the burn barrel. Someone BURNED dad's paycheck!! Oh how we prayed. And in the ASHES was the envelope not burnt! Miracles happened for my family in various ways. Be it blessings in the mail, friends and family or whatever. My parents worked hard to make ends meet and I was blessed in life.  They always took every oppertunity to minister to those less fortunate than us - I also tried to be a blessing to others as I saw fit in my adult life.

Now I am in charge of 3 littles and I am having to test the faith I have. It is easy to trust God when you are married and your husband is making a huge paycheck to where I was able to stay at home and still live a comfortable life.

But recently I am in a valley in life. I find myself on the other side. Not knowing where the money for bills is going to come from each month.  I serve a mighty God! In every season. He is there with me and I am so blessed! Blessed in ways you cannot imagine. I am so glad to have Him. He is my strength every day when I get up. And I am comforted knowing he is providing for my family.

I have the most awesome friends and family in the world. It is so hard to be in the valley. I want to reach out and bless others and let me tell you that it is a VERY humbling experience to be the one others are blessing. I am in awe at the big hearts my friends and family have. The generosity is some days so much I just break down thinking how blessed in life I am. I am so grateful for my friends.

I know when you see me on facebook - you might think - Gosh look at all the things she goes out and does. Doesn't look like she is struggling much to me. It is true! My friends are amazing. And I am blessed beyond with the ones who know that I need to feel like a real person when my kids are gone. Ahh here I go - crying again at the thought of how blessed I am. My best friends - I love you all so very much! For caring about me. For blessing me with days out. To make sure I am not missing on the things I used to be able to do. I am forever grateful for you.









We have been through so much in life together. When I think of my best friends - It amazes me how long I have known you all. We have been through every season together. It touches me to know how great of friendships I have formed and kept. I love each and every one of you! I thank you for helping me through the valley. Making sure I get to the next hill top. I know that no matter what life throws at me - I will get through and it is because of each and every one of you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you have friends and family to help you through this time, Linda!

    ReplyDelete