Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Wrap Up of the month...

The past month has been pretty jammed packed... we have some very exciting news... Monday the 11th, Tristan got his mediport removed!!! He had surgery and it went very well. I have a few pictures I  need to get off my phone... This is a big and exciting deal for Tristan. He was so excited to be done with this chapter in his life that Wednesday he took OFF his steri strips! :eek: So Thursday Morning we had to make a trip into the doctor to get them back on. This from a kid who would wait a week to remove a band aid from being accessed!

But he is healing nicely.

A few other highlights, we are moving. The kids and I will be moving to a townhouse this month. It will be much easier for me, when I need something I can just call the maintenance guy and cheaper utilities. Still in Butler. So I have been super busy trying to go through my stuff, pack and down size. Much easier to do when it is just your own things but I have to be sensitive to my kids. Every little toy is a prized item.

Soccer also started up. While most of our stuff has been rained out or we have had to miss due to illness and mediport surgery... the kids did get to play last weekend. Here are a few pictures.

Also our Harvest Community Co-op wrapped up. So a few pictures from that. And just a few Tristan wanted me to take of him doing his homeschool :)











3 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you and the kids as you move and start this chapter of your lives! Hang in there!

    How's T doing with Hooked on Phonics? Sam's almost on the Us (I think). He's finishing up O this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news about Tristan's port removal!
    I imagine you are relieved to finally have that port out after 3 1/2 years. I'm glad to hear that he is healing nicely too. What great news.
    Good luck on your move to your new home. Hope it all works out for you.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the mediport removal!!!! We've been rained out of every soccer game this season. We have four games to make up! This happens every spring soccer season! Hope to see you guys at the field trips!

    ReplyDelete