Thursday, February 17, 2011

Regret Free Parenting - By Catherine Hickem, LCSW a Booksneeze.com Review


Regret Free Parenting, by Catherine Hickem, LCSW is a really nice book.

This is not a self help book that is sappy. This book talks about alot of wrong things parents do, and then gives you guidance on how you should handle situations. The Author calls it "Intentional Parenting".

We learn how to not try to sugar coat obedience and make kids "happy and flowery" about obeying. It shows us that being a mother is that, setting the ground rules. It shows us what every mother really knows, that they really will be fine once you leave them in nursery or daycare. Show them to be confident because if you are, they will feed on your emotions.

I think this book is one I will reference in the future and I am glad it is in my library now.

I am not giving it 5 stars because perhaps it is because my focus has been on other things while I was reading the book, but I just did not get pulled in where I could not put it down. I read it and kept reading because I was reviewing. The Book dragged to me with an introduction that was 19 pages long.

I received this products for review from Booksneeze.com and they did not require me to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment