Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas - Enjoy this chocolate chip recipe.

So are you done yet? Shopping? Is this not the question everyone asks. Are you ready? I am ready! I love Christmas. I have been all done and wrapped for a while. I feel so much nicer this year. Last year I spent the week before Christmas in my cold attic wrapping gifts. This year I wrapped them as I brought them into the house. So much a nicer idea. Now I can focus all my time on the baking I am doing for Christmas Eve and Day. Nothing fancy. Just chocolate chip cookies and some veggie pizza. My chocolate chip recipe is to die for!
So as a Christmas gift to you, I thought I would share it with you. My husband found it online a few years ago and I do not know the site so it is someones recipe that we are using. We just really love it.


So here goes...


Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 sticks softened butter (1cup)
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup white sugar (granulated if you say that)
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar


2 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 or 3/4 tsp salt (recipe calls for 3/4 but I always cut back on my salt - mom always left it out of her recipes so habit


1 1/2 - 2 bags chocolate chips. I like to do a bag of milk and a bag of semi sweet mixed together. (do not skimp on the chips, this makes the cookie!)

Ok so you know the cookie making drill.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Get 2 bowls. In one bowl mix butter, eggs, vanilla, white and brown sugars.

In the second bowl mix the flour, baking soda and powder and salt.

Combine wet and dry ingrediants a cup at a time.

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Make nice sized balls (golf ball size) and put them on cookie sheets. I spray mine with spray butter but if you have nice nonstick kinds - then I am sure you know how yours cook.

Bake them around 9 mins. Do not let them cook until done. If you start to see them brown on the edges take them out!!! Do not over cook. Leave on the tray one min then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Enjoy! They WILL harden when the cool. Give them time! You will love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment