Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Breakfast Smoothie

Need to use up some Oatmeal that you have left from a crockpot full? Want a quick breakfast/meal on the go without stopping for Drive Thru but want it to fill you up? Then look no further.
Adapted from a recipe I found online - Here is what I have fell in love with!

A Chocolate, Banana, Peanutbutter, Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie!

First - anytime I have ripe bananas that I am not going to use fast - I slice them and put them in a container in the freezer. Then when I need to make a quick breakfast smoothie - I have bananas all ready to go!

Get out your blender - In mins, you can have a breakfast ready to take out the door.

You will need...

Half a Cup of Chilled Oatmeal
1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon of Peanutbutter (I like Organic Natural)
Big Handfuls of Baby Spinach leaves (trust me! you won't taste them) The more you use the greener your drink so if color throws you off - start light. I can't get enough packed in there these days.
3/4 Cup of Milk of Choice - I use Vanilla Almond.
1 Frozen Banana
1 tsp. Chia Seeds

First put the Oatmeal into the Blender.
Add in the Peanut butter.
Cocoa Powder
And BLEND... Do do do do... ready to continue?
Now add in the milk... (IFFFFFFF you go for original... I like to add optionally in Agave Nectar and or Vanilla. But if you use Vanilla flavored milk skip those sweeteners)

Then some Chia Seeds... I get these little packs at walmart for 97cents! Woohoo!

And finish off with some frozen banana. About one banana.
Mix it all up...
How do you like that old $12 blender? She does the trick. Someday... Gonna need to upgrade though. But hey - No need yet.
And this recipe makes a nice mason jar full with a little to spare in a cup to sip on. I like to pop it back into the freezer for about 15 mins if I have time to thicken it up again. But if I don't its all good also! So many mornings I make this on the go! It has saved my health running through the drive through so many times! And guess what the best part is? Besides how awesomely good it tastes. It FILLS YOU UP! Did you know how amazing those little chia seeds can be? They are like magic fill your belly goodness. Who knew!? Cha cha cha Chia!

 Oh and OPTIONAL~ Sometimes I feel a little Edgy and throw in some Cinnamon.
Why not huh? Extra Heart Healthy there.


So Myfitnesspal has a nifty little recipe logger that tells me this recipe has 401 Calories so make sure you use this as a meal!!! I keep enforcing that to my kids. If you are gonna to have a smoothie you cannot have a NORMAL breakfast too! Says me! But hey... if you want to people who read my blog - that is all on you! I am not your mom ;) ENJOY!!!!
 
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 401
 % Daily Value *
Total Fat 13 g 21 %
Saturated Fat 1 g 7 %
Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
Sodium 160 mg 7 %
Potassium 53 mg 2 %
Total Carbohydrate 56 g 19 %
Dietary Fiber 9 g 34 %
Sugars 18 g
Protein 15 g 31 %
Vitamin A 8 %
Vitamin C 0 %
Calcium 36 %
Iron 6 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.





2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy - I'm adding it to my recently begun collection of smoothie recipes. :-)

    ReplyDelete