Saturday, February 4, 2012

BIG FELLOWSHIP FUN and Homeschool Co-Op

I just want to tell you all... I LOVE MY CHURCH.

I am BLESSED with the most AWESOME Homeschool Co-op ever! I enjoyed it last year and this year is so much more awesome! I thank GOD for the great group he has brought into our lives. I am so enjoying the Preschool Class and I am forever thankful for the other moms and dads who instruct my older two in their classes.



And I am also loving the WOMEN'S MINISTRY at my church. You know there are those times when I think - I just would rather stay home... I know it is going to be fun but.... I drive 30 mins to church. I am cozy at home doing laundry, cleaning homeschool cupboards, etc etc... You know the million excuses one gives herself to miss events. Well I sometimes do this and tonight - I completely didn't! :) And I am so glad I went out and got to join the other CRAZIES!

Hula Hooping? Seriously??? I can't do that! Well using a heavy adult hula hoop - who knew! I loved it! I kept it going and going and going! I watched before I participated and thought - either these women are amazing or those are special hoops. ... could I do it? ... what if I am the only one here who can't get it to work? ... Snag some friends who are not afraid to "Spin a hoop on their neck and let it go flying into all the ticket containers (for prizes) knocking over them all!" .. opps... ha ha ha. But the best part? I DID IT! and I LOVED IT! I so want one of those hoops! But where would I do it at? They are big! I could so see myself doing it in the parking lot of my house place making everyone think I am even more messed up than they already think of me! ha ha. (Couldn't get mom to Hula Hoop but I DID get her to snag me a Make Up Sample... just go put lipgloss on for me mom - no harm... opps a full make over? Sorry!)
 Karaoke, Cha Cha Slide, Make Overs, Friendship Bracelets, Gormet Coffees, Snacks, Stories, Duck Pond? Kiss the Frog? Wii, Valentines, Goofy Pictures, Hand Pampering... oh yes we did it up GIRLY Style.
 Heard a great to the point message and just laughed and had a BIG FUN FELLOWSHIP!
 And what was the best part? When it was over we kept talking. The Homeschool Moms and I didn't want to leave until they made us... I guess they do have to reset the church for Sunday Services. Ha ha. Hey - Us homeschool moms need our socialization time! Right? Everyone worries about the kids - what about us?? I mean - did you SEE Stephanie's Glasses? That Girl Needs some help! hee hee JK!

Ah.. what a fun weekend. And it isn't over! Harvest is having a WINTER FEST tomorrow! You DON'T want to miss Sunday School tomorrow! I peeked into Wyatt's Room and was loving the little winter activity stations set up! He is going to have a BLAST! I did not peek into the older kids rooms.

Thank you GOD for fun, friends and just a little pick me up weekend.

11 comments:

  1. What a blast, Linda! And you're not crazy! Just a Mom having some fun! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had alot of fun; acting like a kid and having a great time!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our homeschool co-op too! Very thankful for it! And you do an AWESOME job with the preschoolers! Love the silly pics from the girls' night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast! Maybe you can join us next time :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. How are you doing Aunt Bev? I bet you woulda tried the hula hoop!

      Delete
  5. how do I talk to you on this? Sure miss you on facebook. Dang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is how. I miss Facebook but know that if I set up a new account it will suck me in and I will let my guard down again. I don't trust it. I don't trust people and their unaccountable place to slander and hurt others. I know people don't understand why I won't just create an account for friends and family. But they don't understand that this was a best friend and I had a very dangerous situation on my hands. It is not just oooh she said this and that. No my family was put in danger. It is so not worth the loss of social interaction.

      Delete
  6. linda ,this is marianne,i have a hula hoop,the whole family does it in the livingroom.joe is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Marianne? R u coming home next month?? Awesome! I miss you a lot!

      Delete
  7. im so proud i posted something to you.miss you cant wait to see you next month.

    ReplyDelete