Saturday, May 14, 2011

When the Soul Mends - A blogging for books review

When the Soul Mends (Sisters of the Quilt book 3) by Cindy Woodsmall takes you back to the story of Hannah Lapp, a young girl with a past that has kept her from her family in PA. She is called back home after a tragic event that takes the life of a friend. This book is about mending fences and healing hearts as it wraps up Hannah's story.

Since I had received this book for review from bloggingforbooks.com (and not required to give a positive review) I had not previously read books 1 and 2 in this series. Once again Cindy Woodsmall does an awesome job at filling in the back story so that I could understand the situations and not feel in the dark.

This book is a great book to read. I felt drawn into the story and the characters lives. I love picking up a book and feeling like I am right there with them and that I can shut out the world around me while I read. This book did that for me. It was a great story. An interesting read and I highly recommend the whole series to anyone and everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Linda - I just read a book from Cindy Woodsmall in which she and an Amish women coauthored. It was very interesting! It was the first book of hers I've ever read. So you like her fictional novels? I've been thinking about reading one since I so enjoyed the nonfiction book she co-wrote.

    ReplyDelete