Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Bridge of Peace - a Blogging for Books Review


**The Bridge of Peace** by Cindy Woodsmall tells the story of Lena Kauffman an Amish school teacher and Grey Greber who is on the school board. Lena has spent her life overcoming the pressure of being born with a mark on her face. Growing up with kids attention to it she uses humor to hide her pain. But through that all she has become a strong individual with a heart for teaching and finding the good in all people. Grey lives in a marriage that is strained and is suffering greatly as he tries to keep that a secret from the outside. Just when his marriage takes a turn for the better a tragedy happens.

This is the second book in *An Ada's House Novel* series.
I was a little nervous not having read the first in that series but was quickly drawn in to the lives of the characters and their unique stories. The Author did a great job penning the story lines so without the mention of a "series" I would not have noticed.

Once I started reading this book I found it very hard to put it down. The story was about Lena and Grey and their path to each other but was brimming with so much more. The author went in sections, moving from one story to another of the characters in the book. Sometimes when that happens I get attached to one set and skim the others stories to quickly get back to who I cared most to read about. That in no way happened with this book. I was so interested in every character in the "Community" that I almost felt like I got bonus material! Every story inside this novel was intertwined perfectly making you want to keep reading more and more.

I feel refreshed with a good story and also learned a lot from this book! How is that for a good read. :) The author used a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch and added a glossary in the back to help. I felt intrigued by learning the culture of the characters and am impressed with how well things flowed.

I HIGHLY recommend this book and look forward to ready more from this author!

I received this book for review from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers and was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment